Friday, August 5, 2011

Goal: Spend Less, Donate More

Generally I put aside $500 per month for my family towards groceries. My goal is three-fold:

1. Cut down our monthly grocery costs
2. Continue to eat healthy, organic foods and meet our nutritional goals
3. Donate what was saved to organizations that are helping people suffering from the famine in Somalia.

So far in the month of August we have spent $40 towards groceries. Leaving us with $460 to meet our budget. My first month goal is to decrease our bill by $100.

Here I will provide resources and strategies that I learn to decrease your monthly bills as well in hopes that you will also consider donating the excess funds to a worthy organization.

In my next post I will provide information on the organization I am donating to and together we can see how much we can make an impact in one organization by the end of August.

1 comment:

  1. Create your meals around the foods that are on sale. I don't go to the store unless I HAVE to have something. The less you go, the less you spend. Lump all your trips into one to save money on gas. I keep my washer, dryer, etc unplugged until I use them. Ask yourself "do I need this, or do I want it? Do I have to have it now, or can I wait?" Get free stuff on Craigs list. I am sure they is a lot more! Start a food garden when the time is right?

    ReplyDelete