Thursday, September 29, 2011

Feeding others with community gardens

Okay...I know that summer is over, so this might have to be tabled for a year...BUT this women I met on a Tweetchat fed 275 people at a community meal using what she had grown in her community garden...how awesome is that?!?! I mean...do you know how much that cost her? Next to NOTHING! It was work but she fed 275 people a healthy, organic meal as well as fed her family from this garden...I was just thrilled with the thought of it!

So...do you plan on gardening next year? I might be... I would love to feed 275 people a meal, wait...25 people a meal from my very own garden! So incredible!!! I love it!

Saving money, feeding people in our own community, feeding your family, sending excess to those in need.... this is an amazing way to start being. I am going to have to start planning and learning for next year! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment